There are different container handling equipment types. Each of them have their maximum limits and where they can be used at. Some of these equipments are fixed while some of them are movable. They are divided into 2 types: loaded and unloaded container handlers. There are also many varieties within them:
- Empty container handlers are movable. Their capacities are usually 15,000-Ibs. Their different models can carry up to 6 6-High stackings.
- Reach stackers, also known as loaded container handlers can transport containers in short distances. They are one of the most used other equipments in the industry because of their flexibility.
- One of the most popular handling equipment is fork lift trucks. It has different names such as side-loader, trailer loaders, high/low. They are powered and used to transport and lift containers.
- Rubber tyred gantry cranes are mobile. They are mostly used in container terminals. They are huge and also used for huge, heavy containers.
- Straddle carriers are also really popular too. They are vehicles and used for moving standard containers. They are usually used in ports.
- Rail mounted gantry cranes can stack and also lift up to 40 containers. These other equipments need less human contact and can be used automatic.
- Container cranes are large and used for really heavy containers. They lift and carry the goods from the container ships.
There are many equipments to do this job. They are useful and fast. But since the design of these machines needs perfection and the equipments can be expensive. Used container handling equipment for sale will be a great option to find an equipment with a suitable price.
Shipping Container Handling Equipment
Container equipments have high costs. Because of that container handling equipments are used in high container throughputs. Companies usually rents these container handling equipments. There are 9 different container handlers with different container handling systems: gantry cranes, container lifting jacks, straddle cranes, tilt beds, forklifts, truck cranes, reach stackers, sideloaders, top loaders. Shipping container forklift rental is a great way to start a business. Renting helps to afford the handlers.
Container Handling Equipment for Sale
Container terminals relies on intermodal equipments to perform operations. These operations are portainers, gantry cranes and straddle carriers. Each choice of equipment shows differency due to different needs. Terminals usually rent or buy used container handling equipment for sale. With this way, it becomes cheaper than buying new other equipments such as handlers. Shipping container lifting equipment for sale can carry larger and heavier goods. It’s important to find the perfect equipment for the exact need while looking for container lifting equipment for sale.
Types of Container Handling Equipment
There are 9 different handlers. They are being divided into 2 types as loaded container handlers and unloaded container handlers. As it can be understood by the names, there are handlers for just loading and just unloading. Some of them can move while some of them are fixed in one spot. One of the most used types of container handling equipment are STS, RMG, RTG, reach stacker, front-end loader, straddle carrier, hostler truck and forklift. There are no other equipments that are being used as handlers.
Container Handling Equipment Port
All containers have different weights, sizes and measurements. Containers are important part of transportation and logistic industry. Ports have heaviest containers, so it needs really strong container handling equipments. Container handling at a port is mostly performed by portainer, rubber-tired gantry, straddle carrier, reach stacker, rail-mounted gantry. Port container handling equipment has high prices, so most businesses rent them.
Container Lifting Equipment Price
Some container lifters can lift while some can also transport them too. Container lifting jacks, gantry crane, tilt bed are options for lifting. Every container lifting equipments have their own cons. Side loaders, top loaders, reach stackers, straddle carriers are best option even though these other equipments have higher prices.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is container handling equipment?
They are used in many industries such as transportation, cargos, logistic. They carry the goods inside of a container. They are heavy and strong equipments. Some of them helps to only carry or lift them while others can lift, carry and transport.
What are the container terminal handling equipments?
There are 8 equipments to them: side loaders, RTG, straddle carriers, front-end loaders, STS, RMG, hostler trucks, forklifts. Some of these other equipments such as RTG, RMG are fixed to one space while others are mobiles.
Other equipments that are used in ports or terminals are 8 to 9 types. They help to lift, carry and transport containers.